About Love Food
Love Food, the cookbook brand from Parragon Books, is dedicated to providing simple, delicious recipes for the home cook.
Links to Our Tumblrs
Meat Free Monday - Nutty Stilton Roast
Happy Monday everyone! This week’s dish is one of our favourites - Nutty Stilton Roast - make it one of yours too!
Nutty Stilton Roast, serves 6-8.
2 tbsp virgin olive oil, plus extra for oiling
3-5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 celery stalks, finely sliced
175g/6oz cooked and peeled chestnuts
175g/6oz mixed chopped nuts
55g/2oz ground almonds
55g/2oz fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
225g/8oz Stilton cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil, plus extra sprigs to garnish
1 egg, beaten
salt and pepper
1 red pepper, skinned, deseeded and cut into thin wedges
1 courgette, about 115g/4oz, cut into wedges
cherry tomatoes, to garnish
Tomato Sauce and lightly cooked green vegetables to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Lightly oil a 900-g/2/lb loaf tin.
2. Finely chop one of the onions. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the chopped onion, 1-2 of the garlic cloves and the celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from the pan, drain through a sieve or colander and transfer to a food processor with the nuts, breadcrumbs, half the cheese and the basil. Using the pulse button, blend the ingredients together, then slowly blend in the egg to form a stiff mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cut the remaining onion into thin wedges. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion, remaining garlic, red pepper and courgette and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the pan, add salt and pepper to taste and drain through a sieve or colander.
5. Place half the nut mixture in the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Arrange the onion and pepper mixture on top and crumble over the remaining cheese. top with the remaining nut mixture and press down firmly. Cover with foil.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 25-35 minutes, or until cooked and firm to the touch.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before inverting on to a warmed serving platter. Serve with a little of the Tomato Sauce drizzled over the top, garnished with basil sprigs and cherry tomatoes, accompanied by vegetables.