About Love Food
Love Food, the cookbook brand from Parragon Books, is dedicated to providing simple, delicious recipes for the home cook.
Links to Our Tumblrs
Turkey & Rice Casserole
Struggling to think of what to do with all that leftover turkey? How about a hearty Turkey & Rice Casserole?
Meat Free Monday - Layered Vegetable Casserole
There couldn’t be an easier way to start your week! This delicious recipe can also be adapted to include more or different vegetables to suit your taste - it goes without saying though that you’ll want more than one helping! (From ‘America’s Family Recipes’, for the iPad and iPhone)
Layered Vegetable Casserole, serves 4.
1 tbsp olive oil, for brushing
5 large white potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 leeks, trimmed, thoroughly washed, and thinly sliced
2 large beef tomatoes, sliced
8 fresh basil leaves
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
300ml/10 fl oz vegetable stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Brush an ovenproof casserole dish with a little of the olive oil. Prepare all the vegetables.
3. Place a layer of potato slices in the bottom of the dish, sprinkle with half of the basil leaves and cover with a layer of leeks. Top with a layer of tomato slices. Repeat these layers until all the vegetables are used up, ending with a layer of potatoes.
4. Stir the chopped garlic into the vegetable broth and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the broth over the vegetables and brush the top with the remaining olive oil.
5. Bake in the preheated over for 1½ hours, or until the vegetables are gender and the topping is golden brown. Serve immediately.